Cow Hollow School Summer Program 2023
Enrollment Begins Tuesday, February 21st
Thank you for your interest in Cow Hollow School’s Summer Program.
This application is the first step in getting your camper enrolled in our 2023 program.
We will review your application promptly.
Please note, sessions will be filled on a first come, first serve, basis.
9:00am to 2:00 pm, Monday – Friday
9:00am to 4:00 pm, Monday- Friday offered to 5 year olds only
Available to children 2.7 by July 1– 5.9 years of age. Due to our license regulations we cannot have children over 5.9 years of age by the first day of each session.
Age grouping will be determined after enrollment. CHS prides itself on low teacher to child ratios. This will continue throughout the Summer Program. It is our goal, when possible, to have your child experience learning and playing with at least one of his/her fall teachers and some of his/her class members. Non-school families attending the CHS summer program will be kept with children in their initial grouping.
- Group One: 2.7 years- young 3’s
- Group Two: 3-5 years old
- Group Three: 3-4 years old or 4-5 years old
- Group Four : 4-5.9 years old
NATURE EXPLORERS and MAGIC TRASH
June 12- July 7 (4-week session, closed July 4th)
Offered to all groups
During this four-week session senses will come alive as we explore and investigate the outdoors. Children will play and learn in our forest area and nearby Presidio landmarks such as The Woodline, The Spire and The Ecology Trail. The children will smell the flowers, touch the little creatures buried under rocks, observe birds flying, and listen to the wind while they play underneath the trees. The children will also help in the school’s garden by planting new sprouts and harvesting a bountiful array of vegetables and herbs.
After compiling a range of data from their experiences outdoors children will use recyclable materials to create their own fantastic nature sculptures. During the first week, children will openly explore and test out a variety of materials in the Recyclable Material Store that will reflect the designs they made. The children will study other artists, like themselves, who also use recyclable materials as a way to bridge them to new ideas and other creative people. Working closely with their teachers, children will joyfully create their own masterpieces that capture their imaginative spirits.
It is our goal, when possible, to have your child experience learning and playing with at least one of his/her fall teachers and some of his/her class members.
Snacks and Meals
Program tuition will include daily snacks. Snack will be provided by Cow Hollow School. The Lunch Program will once again be available through SchoolFoodies (balanced, organic, and preservative free food). Cow Hollow School is a nut-free school.
Summer 2023 Dates
June 12- July 7 (Closed 4th of July)
- February 21, 2023: Enrollment open
- May 15, 2023: Tuition is non-refundable after this date
Tuition, enrollment and other details
- Tuition is payable upon confirmation of your enrollment weeks. Should your child need to miss a day or pick-up early the tuition will not be amended.
- Entire Summer Program (4 weeks) – $2,600.00 (Monday- Friday 9:00 am-2:00pm)
- Entire Summer Program (4 weeks) – $3,640.00 (Monday- Friday 9:00 am-4:00pm)
- Tuition is non-refundable after May 15th.
- We will provide you details about the Summer session once we have completed enrollment
- Lunch will be provided through SchoolFoodies.
ENROLL in the 2023 SUMMER PROGRAM HERE
**If you are submitting for more than one child, please fill out 2 separate enrollment requests and in the comments section, please note that you have enrolled another child
Cow Hollow School adheres to all regulations set by the San Francisco Department of Public Health and are reviewed by our Health and Safety Task Force which may decide to be more conservative in our policies.
- If a child or someone in the family has symptoms related to COVID-19, CHS follows the SFDPH recommended testing procedures.
- All travel restrictions and quarantine measurements set by the SFDPH will be followed by CHS.
- School is equipped with the all required PPE materials and follows strict cleaning procedures set by the SFDPH and child care licensing.
- Please reach out if you have any questions relating to our covid policies and note that any policies may change due to a change in regulations by the SF Department of Public Health.
If you have any questions pertaining to Summer Enrollment, please contact Leslie Norris, Admissions Director ([email protected]). For questions pertaining to the program, please email [email protected] , Summer Program Director.
It is our mission to honor and nurture a diverse community of children to reach their potential as learners, participants, stewards and critical thinkers in society.
It is our goal to empower those in the presence of children with knowledge, skills and resources to raise and teach children with respect and dignity.
Baby Talk is a program designed to:
- Bring visibility to the subtle and copious ways babies communicate with the world around them
- Help parents take notice of the nuances of how their child communicates
- Connect parents to each other, and Master early childhood educator
- Each week will have a topic for discussion and accompanying handout with resources
Baby Talk emphasizes the following of the Cow Hollow School Guiding Principles:
- Every child is capable and competent
- Children learn through play, investigation, inquiry and exploration
- Children and adults learn and play in reciprocal relationships with peers, family members, and teachers
- Teachers and parents recognize the many ways in which children approach learning and relationships, express themselves, and represent what they are coming to know
- Process is valued, acknowledged, supported, nurtured and studied
- The indoor and outdoor environments, and natural spaces, transform, inform, and provoke thinking and learning
One parent and your baby (ages 3-18 months), 4-5 babies per group
*Participation in BabyTalk does not guarantee admission to the school when the child is age eligible. Nor is it a requirement for admission.
You are looking to parent from your values and according to the clues and cues your baby is giving you. You are investing in yourself, your family and to parenting healthfully.
Cow Hollow School, Nest Classroom, 65 Funston Ave, SF (in the Presidio) or Virtually
For any questions, please email [email protected]